Background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Distressed Photo Blocks

 My sister in law's birthday was yesterday.  Happy Birthday Kathryn!!!  A couple months ago, with the help of my brother, I started working on her gift and wanted to try distressing wood with vasoline.  I'd seen it all over pintrest and different blogs.  People said it was easy and so I thought I'd give it a try.  
 I found it to be incredibly messy, and the top coat of paint took about 3-4 days to dry because of the vasoline, but I LOVE the way it turned out.  
I used Americana paint Raw Umber for the under coat.  For the top coat I used Linen by Folkart.  A great website that has step by step instructions on how to do this is HERE. One thing that she said to do at the end is sand the edges and corners lightly, but I found that my paint never dried and I never sanded it.  I just rubbed it lightly with a paper towel and it wiped off and then it finally dried.  Hehehe.  It was a super fun project and a great way to use up little pieces of 2x4.  

1 comment:

  1. I love how these turned out! Teach me please :)

    ReplyDelete